Faxwire.com Fax-to-Email End-User License Agreement
This Agreement, which governs the terms and conditions of your use of Faxwire.com Services, is between you ("you" or "End-User") and FAXWIRE.COM CORP. (“we”, “us”, “our” or “FAXWIRE.COM”).
This Agreement, together with any operating rules, policies, price schedules, or other supplemental documents expressly incorporated herein by reference and published from time to time by FAXWIRE.COM (collectively, the "Agreement"), constitutes the entire agreement between FAXWIRE.COM and you regarding Faxwire.com Services, and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, "Faxwire.com Services" are set out below in Section 1. By using Faxwire.com Services, you confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement.
1. Faxwire.com Services.
The Faxwire.com Services include: (i) use of a toll-free telephone number, that provides for the delivery of faxes to email in the volumes described below (see the Fair Usage Policy in Section 2, below); and (ii) outbound faxing from Faxwire.com Fax Management Interface.
2. Faxwire.com Service Usage.
- Faxwire.com Toll-Free Service Usage. As a Toll-Free End-User, you will receive a toll-free Faxwire.com Number from which you may receive faxes. You will be charged a monthly usage fee (as set forth on the www.Faxwire.com and or www.Faxwire.ca) based on the combined number of fax pages sent and received according to your subscribed plan. Additional pages both sent and received above your subscribed plan’s monthly allotment will be charged per page at the overage rate displayed on www.Faxwire.com and or www.Faxwire.ca. You will have the option to send faxes via the online fax management interface and to subscribe for additional services at www.Faxwire.com and or www.Faxwire.ca, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement
3. Storage of Faxes.
While you receive Faxwire.com Services, FAXWIRE.COM will store fax messages sent and or received through your Faxwire.com online interface for a period of 30 days, measured from the date of receipt of each fax. These faxes are accessible through the Faxwire.com Fax Management Interface. You acknowledge that FAXWIRE.COM may change its practices and limitations concerning storage of fax messages, including without limitation, the maximum number of days that faxed messages will be retained, the maximum number of messages stored at any one time, and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on FAXWIRE.COM’ servers on your behalf, at any time. You further agree that FAXWIRE.COM has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the deletion or failure to store any fax messages and/or other communications maintained or transmitted by the Service.
5. End-User Responsibilities.
You are fully responsible for the contents of your transmissions through the Faxwire.com Services. FAXWIRE.COM simply acts as a passive conduit for you to send and receive information of your own choosing. However, FAXWIRE.COM reserves the right to take any action with respect to the Faxwire.com Services that FAXWIRE.COM deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if FAXWIRE.COM believes you or your information may create liability for Faxwire.com , compromise or disrupt the Faxwire.com Services for you or other customers, or cause FAXWIRE.COM to lose (in whole or in part) the services of FAXWIRE.COM’ ISPs or other suppliers. Your use of the Faxwire.com Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising). You agree: (1) to comply with all laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from any country through the Faxwire.com Services; (2) not to use the Faxwire.com Services for illegal purposes; (3) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Faxwire.com Services; (4) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Faxwire.com Services; (5) not to use the Faxwire.com Services to infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; and (6) not to transmit through the Faxwire.com Services any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. The Faxwire.com Services make use of the Internet for you to send and receive information of your own choosing. As a result, your conduct is subject to Internet regulations, policies and procedures. You agree not use or reference the Faxwire.com Services for chain letters, junk fax or junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process, and further agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems. You shall not interfere with another End-User's use and enjoyment of the Faxwire.com Services or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
You must (a) obtain and pay for all equipment and third-party services (e.g., Internet access and email service) required for you to access and use Faxwire.com Services; (b) be responsible for all charges resulting from use of Faxwire.com Services, including unauthorized use prior to your notifying FAXWIRE.COM of such use and taking steps to prevent its further occurrence.
6. Unsolicited Fax Advertisement/Spam Drop-Box Policy.
- Unsolicited Fax Advertisement Policy. The transmission of unsolicited fax advertisements is illegal in the United States under the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (http://ftp.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html) and is also illegal under the laws of a number of other countries, states and provinces. Distribution of unsolicited fax advertisements through the Faxwire.com Services is prohibited.
If you believe that you are in receipt of an unsolicited fax advertisement, we ask that you take the following two steps:
- If the fax contains a telephone number, fax number, or other contact information to "unsubscribe" from receipt of additional junk faxes, please do so; and
- Please forward the spam fax by email to abuse@Faxwire.com to file a complaint with FAXWIRE.COM by inserting the required information (fax number received from and date received) and including a copy of the offending fax.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that FAXWIRE.COM, as owner of all Faxwire.com
Numbers, has any and all rights to assert any and all legal claims available against any third party as a result of your receipt of any unsolicited faxes, including but not limited to claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, and to the extent you do have any rights to bring any such claims, you hereby assign any and all such rights to FAXWIRE.COM.
Because our Faxwire.com Numbers may be reassigned to other customers in the event your account is canceled, and to ensure the best possible service for all customers, you are not permitted to "opt in" to receive spam faxes on your Faxwire.com Number.
- Spam Drop-Box Policy. FAXWIRE.COM does not permit its End-Users to use their Faxwire.com Number as a "drop-box" for responses to email or fax spam offers. If you believe you are in receipt of email or fax spam that uses an Faxwire.com Number as a "drop-box" for responses, we ask that you take the following steps:
- If the email or fax contains an email address, telephone number, fax number, or other contact information to "unsubscribe" from receipt of additional messages, please do so.
- If you are unable to successfully "unsubscribe," please forward the offending email to abuse@Faxwire.com. We will investigate your complaint and determine if the fax/voicemail number referenced in the spam email or spam fax is an Faxwire.com Number. If it is, we will attempt to contact the customer and, if necessary and appropriate, terminate their Faxwire.com Service.
You may terminate the Faxwire.com Services at any time, for any reason, provided that (i) you will not receive a refund for any Faxwire.com Services paid in advance, and (ii) any such notice by you to FAXWIRE.COM must be in accordance with FAXWIRE.COM’ verification procedures, as such procedures may be established and changed by FAXWIRE.COM from time to time in its sole discretion, and which may include the requirement that you contact FAXWIRE.COM by phone to confirm that any such notice was in fact sent by you. FAXWIRE.COM also reserves the right to terminate or suspend your Faxwire.com Services without prior notice, provided that FAXWIRE.COM will attempt to confirm such termination or suspension by subsequent notice.
8. End-User Representations.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or, as applicable, the age of majority in the state or province in which you reside, and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement. You agree to be financially responsible for your use of Faxwire.com Services (as well as for use of your account by others, including minors living with you) and to comply with your responsibilities and obligations as stated in this Agreement.
9. Modifications to End-User Agreement.
FAXWIRE.COM may automatically amend this Agreement at any time by (a) posting a revised Faxwire.com End-User Agreement on the Faxwire.com Website, and/or (b) sending information regarding the amendment to the email address you provide to Faxwire.com . YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY REVIEWING THE FAXWIRE.COM WEBSITE TO OBTAIN TIMELY NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENTS. YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED SUCH AMENDMENTS BY CONTINUING TO USE Faxwire.com SERVICES AFTER SUCH AMENDMENTS HAVE BEEN POSTED OR INFORMATION REGARDING SUCH AMENDMENTS HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU. Otherwise, this Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both you and Faxwire.com.
10. Modifications to Faxwire.com Services.
FAXWIRE.COM reserves the right to modify or discontinue any of the Faxwire.com Services with or without notice to you. FAXWIRE.COM shall not be liable to you or any third party should FAXWIRE.COM exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Faxwire.com Services.
11. Member Account, PIN, and Security.
As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide an email address and select a password. Once you become a registered user, your Faxwire.com Number will be automatically sent to you by email and accessed through the Faxwire.com administrative control panel. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify FAXWIRE.COM of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- FAXWIRE.COM AND ALL OTHER FAXWIRE.COM SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND NEITHER FAXWIRE.COM NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION THEREOF. FAXWIRE.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT FAXWIRE.COM SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. FAXWIRE.COM AND EACH OF ITS LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY OR ACCURACY.
- YOUR USE OF Faxwire.com AND ALL OTHER FAXWIRE.COM SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING FAXWIRE.COM SOFTWARE) OBTAINED EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM Faxwire.com . YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER FAXWIRE.COM NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE Faxwire.com OR ANY OTHER FAXWIRE.COM SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH RESPECT THERETO, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACTUAL, TORT OR OTHER GROUNDS, EVEN IF FAXWIRE.COM OR ANY SUCH LICENSOR OR SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF FAXWIRE.COM AND ITS LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF Faxwire.com AND ANY OTHER FAXWIRE.COM SERVICES AND SOFTWARE OR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF: (I) THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF YOUR CLAIM OR (II) U.S.$100.00. YOU HEREBY RELEASE FAXWIRE.COM AND EACH OF ITS LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THIS LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO BE EXCLUDED OR MODIFIED OR LIABILITY TO BE LIMITED, SO NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU.
- NEITHER FAXWIRE.COM NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY OR BY ANY MEANS, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY COMMUNICATIONS DIFFICULTIES OUTSIDE OF FAXWIRE.COM’ OR ANY SUCH LICENSOR'S OR SERVICE PROVIDER'S CONTROL WHICH COULD LEAD TO THE INTERRUPTION OF DATA DELIVERY SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER'S EMAIL ADDRESS, PAGER, TELEPHONE OR ANY OTHER RECEIVING DEVICES OR THIRD-PARTY DATA STORAGE AND/OR DELIVERY SERVICES.
- YOU WILL NOT RELY ON ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, MADE BY ANY PERSON OTHER THAN AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF Faxwire.com, IN EVALUATING THE Faxwire.com SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICES AND/OR PRODUCTS OF Faxwire.com .
- You agree to pay all charges for your use of Faxwire.com Services at the prices then in effect for your country of residence. FAXWIRE.COM reserves the right to charge value-added, sales or other taxes on the Faxwire.com Services as it deems appropriate and FAXWIRE.COM reserves the right to change prices or institute new charges for access to or use of Faxwire.com. All changes will be posted by FAXWIRE.COM at the Faxwire.com Website and you are responsible for regularly reviewing such pricing information to obtain timely notice of such changes. Continued use of, or non-termination of Faxwire.com Services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the prices as modified by the posted changes.
- Payment of your Faxwire.com Services balance is due monthly.
- Charges are to be paid on a monthly basis in the currency in which you were charged or billed. If your payment method is credit card and payment is not received by FAXWIRE.COM from the card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by FAXWIRE.COM . Each time you use Faxwire.com Services, or allow or cause Faxwire.com Services to be used, you agree and reaffirm that FAXWIRE.COM is authorized to charge your designated card. Your card issuer's agreement governs your use of your designated card in connection with Faxwire.com, and you must refer to such agreement (not this Agreement) with respect to your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You agree that FAXWIRE.COM may (at its option) accumulate charges incurred during your monthly billing cycle and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each cycle, and that FAXWIRE.COM may delay obtaining authorization from your card issuer until submission of the accumulated charge(s). This means that accumulated charges may appear on the statement you receive from your card issuer.
- Your activation fee and monthly service fees are payable in advance and are COMPLETELY NON-REFUNDABLE. You agree that FAXWIRE.COM may submit charges for your monthly service fee each month, without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice (in accordance with FAXWIRE.COM’ verification procedures, as may be established by FAXWIRE.COM from time to time in its sole discretion) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your designated card. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before FAXWIRE.COM reasonably could act on your notice. If you have any question regarding any charges that have been applied to your account, you must contact FAXWIRE.COM’ End-User Service Department within 30 days of the charge date. Failure to use your account will not be deemed a basis for refusing to pay any charges submitted by FAXWIRE.COM in accordance with this Agreement.
- You must promptly notify FAXWIRE.COM of changes to: (a) the account number or expiration date of your designated card; (b) your billing address; and (c) the name of each minor whom you have authorized to use your Faxwire.com Services. You must also promptly notify FAXWIRE.COM if your card is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft).
FAXWIRE.COM reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Faxwire.com Services without notice upon rejection of any card charges or if your card issuer (or its agent or affiliate) seeks return of payments previously made to FAXWIRE.COM when FAXWIRE.COM believes you are liable for the charge. Such rights are in addition to and not in lieu of any other legal rights or remedies available to Faxwire.com .
- All programs, services, processes, designs, software, technologies, trademarks, trade names, inventions and materials comprising the Faxwire.com Service are wholly owned by FAXWIRE.COM and/or its licensors and service providers except where expressly stated otherwise.
- YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF ANY Faxwire.com NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU BY Faxwire.com . OWNERSHIP OF ANY SUCH Faxwire.com NUMBER IS VESTED SOLELY IN FAXWIRE.COM (WHICH WILL ASSIGN SUCH NUMBER TO YOU FOR YOUR USE DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT). YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF YOUR Faxwire.com SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, SUCH Faxwire.com NUMBER MAY BE RE-ASSIGNED IMMEDIATELY TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER, AND YOU AGREE THAT FAXWIRE.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH RE-ASSIGNMENT, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH RE-ASSIGNMENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACTUAL, TORT OR OTHER GROUNDS, EVEN IF FAXWIRE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FAXWIRE.COM MAY FROM TIME TO TIME NEED TO CHANGE THE Faxwire.com NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU (WHETHER DUE TO AN AREA CODE SPLIT OR ANY OTHER REASON WHETHER OUTSIDE OR WITHIN FAXWIRE.COM’ CONTROL). YOU AGREE THAT FAXWIRE.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH CHANGE IN THE Faxwire.com NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CHANGE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACTUAL, TORT OR OTHER GROUNDS, EVEN IF FAXWIRE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- IN PARTICULAR, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU OR AT YOUR REQUEST TO THE Faxwire.com NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU BY FAXWIRE.COM AND THAT YOU WILL NOT REQUEST OR OTHERWISE CAUSE ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER TO CHARGE ANY SUCH SERVICES TO SUCH NUMBER. ANY SUCH CHARGES WILL GIVE FAXWIRE.COM THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR Faxwire.com SERVICES WITHOUT NOTICE.
You agree to indemnify FAXWIRE.COM and each of its licensors and service providers from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys' fees) and damages arising out of claims based upon your use of Faxwire.com Services, including any violation of this Agreement by you or any other person using your account, any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, any loss of service by other customers, any infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third parties, and any violation of any laws or regulations, including but not limited to any violation of any laws or regulations prohibiting transmission of unsolicited faxes.
17. Faxwire.com Services are NOT for Resale.
Your right to use the Faxwire.com Services is personal to you. You may be either an individual or a corporation or business entity, but you agree not to resell the Faxwire.com Services in anyway.
18. Notices; Consent.
Notices given by FAXWIRE.COM to you will be given by email or by a general posting on the Faxwire.com Website, or by conventional mail. In any matter requiring FAXWIRE.COM’ prior consent, such consent will be considered given only if made in the foregoing manner by an authorized representative of Faxwire.com . Notices given by you to FAXWIRE.COM must be given by email or by conventional mail (subject, however, to FAXWIRE.COM’ verification procedures, as may be established by FAXWIRE.COM from time to time in its sole discretion, and which may include the requirement that you contact FAXWIRE.COM by phone so as to confirm that any such notice was in fact sent by you). Notices to FAXWIRE.COM by conventional mail must be sent to FAXWIRE.COM.
110 East Broward Blvd., Suite 1650
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
5915 Airport Road, Suite 1100
Mississauga, ON L4V 1T1